We all know planning meals can be difficult – between coming up with a meal idea to trying to find something healthy that your children will also eat. For this series, we wanted to do the heavy lifting for you – by coming up with a delicious lunch to go with a Vitapod drink and a nutrition breakdown to put your mind at ease!
These meal inspirations have been created for the age group of 5-8 years old. Which means that our meal recommendations are designed to suite the daily fruit, vegetable, grains, protein, and dairy recommendations for children between the ages 5-8. For vegetables, this age group should have 1.5 to 2.5 cups a day. For fruit, 1 to 2 cups a day. For protein, 3 to 5.5 oz-equiv. For grains, 2 to 3 oz-equiv. And for dairy, 2.5 cups.
- 6 oz. non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple
- 2 eggs
- 1 whole wheat wrap
- 1/3 of a cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Hydra+ Blueberry Pomegranate pod
- Cook your eggs whichever way you prefer – we scrambled them for this recipe. Season the eggs and wrap them in your whole wheat wrap or tortilla.
- Mix the 6 oz. Yogurt with honey and cinnamon for your dip. Cut up the apples to use as dippers.
- Chop up the cucumber and tomato. Drizzle olive oil and add salt and pepper to the salad.
- Make a blueberry pomegranate Vitapod to accompany the lunch.
- And as always, enjoy!
Greek yogurt (source of dairy): Full of probiotics and protein.
Eggs: Source of protein, calcium, iron, and folate.
Cucumber, tomato: Packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
Olive oil: A source of good fat.
Apple: Full of fiber and a good source of Vitamin C.
Whole wheat wrap: Source of fiber.