Last updated: June 28, 2021
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on how you use the Site, we may collect different kinds of information from or about you:
Information You Provide: We collect the content and information you provide when you use the Site, including when you create a Vitapod account ("Account"); participate in a survey, contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion; register for our newsletter; post a review of a purchase, provide us with feedback, comments, and testimonials; or request information or assistance from us. Your content and information may include "Personal Information", which is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, Personal information may include your: contact information (name, address, phone number, or email address); photos or images; or certain data about your use of the Site. It may also include the following:
- User Comments: User comments that you may provide, such as in reviews, blog posts, testimonials, or comments. Please note that the information you submit in these user comments may be posted publicly on the Site. If you do not want your information to be publicly available, please do not submit reviews, testimonials, or comments.
Device Information: We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices that you use to access the Site (“Device Information”). We may associate this Device Information across your devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Such device information typically includes:
- Your online environment (operating system, browser, hardware version, device settings, or device identifiers);
- Device location, including specific geographic locations, such as through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi signals, or GPS;
- Connection information (name of your mobile operator, internet service provider, IP address); and
- Browsing activity, such as the pages you visit or the links you click on.
- Electronic and Other Communications. We collect information when we correspond with you, this may be correspondence in any form but will include e-mail, text messages, and other electronic messages.
- Social Media Account Information: If you choose to connect your social media account to the Site, the social media platform may share information with us about your use of the social media platform. This information may include your profile information such as name and email address. Please refer to the social media platform's privacy settings to control how your information is shared with us and other third parties.
- Affiliate Marketing Program Information: Refersion manages our affiliate marketing program (the “Affiliate Program”). If you join the Affiliate Program and become an affiliate, Refersion will, on our behalf, collect certain Personal Information relevant to your participation in the Affiliate Program such as your name, street address, phone number, email address, and birth date or gender, unique identifiers such as username, account number or password, payment and account information, preference information such as order history or marketing preferences and similar information.
- Information You Provide: We collect the content and information you provide when you use the Site, including when you create a Vitapod account ("Account"); participate in a survey, contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion; register for our newsletter; post a review of a purchase, provide us with feedback, comments, and testimonials; or request information or assistance from us. Your content and information may include "Personal Information", which is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, Personal information may include your: contact information (name, address, phone number, or email address); photos or images; or certain data about your use of the Site. It may also include the following:
HOW IS THIS INFORMATION SHARED?
- Offering, improving and developing the Site: We use your information to provide and improve the services that we offer, including to operate, maintain and develop Site content, features, and products. We also use your information to analyze our operations and marketing initiatives and develop new services and products in response to your feedback. We also may use the data to track user behavior (e.g., pages viewed, for how long, the performance of those pages, etc.) to improve the product/service and user experience.
- Communicate with you: We may use your information to send you marketing communications, surveys, and important administrative announcements about the Site or your Account. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Personalize your experience: Your information helps us personalize your experience when you use the Site. We use your information to present to you products and information tailored to your interests and provide you with specialized content and product offers. For more information about how you can control how information about you is used to personalize the ads you see, please see the section on Opting out of Interest-Based Advertising below.
- For our online store: Magento, on our behalf, uses the Order Information that it collects to fulfill orders placed through the Magento online store on our Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Magento may use your information to provide us with its services, including supporting and processing orders, risk and fraud screening, authentication, and payments. Magento may also use your information to improve its services. If you opt into Magento Pay, Magento may store and use your information to pre-fill your checkout information. Magento may use your information to help customize and improve your experience when you visit our store by presenting to your goods and services that are more likely to be of interest to you. Magento may use some of the personal information you provide Magento to conduct some level of automated decision-making. You can read more about how Magento uses your Personal Information and when it may share your information on their website.
- Administering the Affiliate Program: If you are an affiliate in the Affiliate Program, we and Refersion may use your Personal Information to communicate with you concerning your participation in the Affiliate Program, the management of the Affiliate Program and to pay you commissions for referrals of customers to our Site. We and Refersion may also use your Personal Information to process your requests, to contact you regarding our products and services which may be of interest to you, to carry out our administrative services and to track customer referrals from our affiliate’s websites. You can read more about how Refersion uses your Personal Information and when it may share your information here: https://www.refersion.com/privacy.
COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY
- Session Cookies are used to operate our Services. Some cookies are essential for the operation of the Services. If a user chooses to disable cookies, certain content and features may not be available.
- Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interests. These cookies also help us evaluate our marketing program performance and analytics.
Security Cookies are used for general security purposes, such as user authentication and preventing fraudulent use or unauthorized access of data.
- Our policy on "Do Not Track" signals: California's Online Privacy Protection Act requires website operators to disclose how they respond to web browser's "Do Not Track" ("DNT") signals. Some web browsers incorporate a DNT or similar feature that signals websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including Vitapod, do not respond to DNT signals.
Opting out of Interest-Based Advertising:Interest-based advertising is a way that helps companies provide you with more relevant advertising on the websites you visit. If you want to "opt out" of receiving online interest-based ads, please follow the instructions at aboutads.info/choices, or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please note that when you "opt-out" of receiving interest-based ads, this does not mean you will no longer see ads from us or on the Site. It means that the online ads that you do see will not be based on your particular interests. If you delete cookies on your device, generally you will need to opt-out again.
More information about online behavioral advertising can be found at aboutads.info.
HOW CAN I MANAGE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may change any of your Personal Information in your account by editing your profile within your account or by sending an e-mail via our Contact Us page. If you believe that any Personal Information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can also request that we correct or supplement such data. Please contact us as soon as possible if you become aware of any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
HOW CAN I OPT OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
If you do not wish to receive marketing emails from us or prefer us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you may use the unsubscribe link in any of our marketing emails or email us via our Contact Us page. Please note we cannot remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties (who are not our vendors) with whom we have shared your Personal Information prior to your opt-out request. Please contact those third parties directly.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We take reasonable precautions intended to help protect your Personal Information that we collect. Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted across the Internet. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using our Contact Us page.
You are responsible for keeping your password for access to the Site confidential and secret. If you lose control of your password, anyone who has your password may access your account. You may lose control over your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. We urge you to keep your password secure and safe at all times. By using our Site, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the security of your username and password. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
CERTAIN CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates for their use in marketing its programs, products and services to you. Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” California residents are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with certain third parties for their marketing use.
We do not share or sell Personal Information to or with unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes; however, if you are a California resident and would like information on how to exercise your rights concerning third party disclosures, please email us via our Contact Us page.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Protection Act (the “CCPA”) provides you with certain rights with regard to our use of your Personal Information. For information about you rights under the CCPA please click here: (link to California Disclosures Section)
The Site is not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and similar rules in other jurisdictions, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 (or such other age as set by the laws of jurisdictions outside the U.S.) without his or her parent's verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Site and subsequently, we will delete that information.
To learn more about how Vitapod uses your information, please contact us using the Contact Us form.